Stay Safe. Stay Small.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): Supporting your well-being and travel plans
At Akwaaba, we’ve been busy preparing for your arrival, because you deserve a much-needed, rejuvenating experience with your complete safety top of mind. You can count on Akwaaba’s signature hospitality and attention to detail that have earned us “five stars” on TripAdvisor from discerning consumers just like you.
And here’s what else you can expect:
Your guest room will be a sanitized sanctuary
- Your room will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected upon check-in, and it will not have been occupied for at least three days before your arrival.
- Your bathroom will be stocked with extra towel sets, custom toiletries, and cleaning items, so even our housekeeping staff won’t enter your sacred space during a two-to-three night stay.
- Your linens are commercially cleaned and supplied by a professional service that delivers fresh and wrapped bedding and towel sets to us weekly.
- A petite shoe rack will sit outside your door, so you can leave your shoes there, and step into the slippers we’ll have waiting in your room–you can take them home with you too!
- We have retrained our housekeepers to be extra vigilant when preparing the inn and your room, and we’ve removed a few decorative items, like throw pillows and bed throws, to minimize the many items we are painstakingly sanitizing, including lamp switches, door knobs, remote controls and other high-touch items.
- Our innkeeper will receive you while keeping a six-foot distance. And even though we’ll be wearing a face cover, our smiling eyes will let you know how happy we are to see you. If you’d prefer a self-check-in, we are happy to give you the instructions in advance for entering the property and getting to your room.
- We check the health of our staff daily, and the day before your arrival, we’ll ask you to fill out a form letting us know you’re feeling good, too.
- You should travel with your face mask and wear it when inside the public spaces of the inn. We have also set up hand-sanitizing stations throughout the property for your convenience.
- Your innkeeper/concierge will be happy to let you know the many local places open for food and enjoyment, especially favorite outdoor activities, and we’ve put together a simple pleasures fun pack just for you–playing cards, a s’mores set-up, even bubbles (they’re nostalgic and make for kitschy selfies)!
- Please note: If you’re staying at our Mansion at Noble Lane location, the PA Governor has not yet given the green-light for spas and gyms, however, you may make a 90-minute appointment to enjoy the pool, and we will then close it for an hour to sanitize all surfaces before the next appointment. The pool deck is always open, and lounge chairs and furniture have been spaced out for proper social distancing.
Breakfast and Snacks, yumm!
- Your in-room, mini-fridge will be stocked with bottled water and beverages, as well as sweet and savory snacks to munch on throughout the day and evening.
- Our delicious breakfast can be brought to your room or you can enjoy it at any number of places on the property with social distancing in mind, including on the covered porch and in the garden! Temporarily, we will be using sturdy, disposable paper goods and plastic for ultimate safety.
We are following CDC guidelines and have consulted with our local health officials and hospitality industry experts to exceed best practices for delivering a wonderful and safe experience just for you.
So looking forward to spoiling you!
Tentative Re-opening Dates
The Mansion at Noble Lane, Pocono Mountains, PA–Memorial Day Weekend!
Akwaaba at Buttonwood Manor, Cape May, NJ–June 1!
Akwaaba Mansion, Brooklyn; Akwaaba DC; Akwaaba Philadelphia–TBD