Stay Safe. Stay Small.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): Supporting your well-being and travel plans
At Akwaaba, we’ve been busy preparing for your arrival, because you deserve a much-needed, rejuvenating experience with your complete safety top of mind. You can count on Akwaaba’s signature hospitality and attention to detail that have earned us “five stars” on TripAdvisor from discerning consumers just like you.
And here’s what else you can expect:
Your guest room will be a sanitized sanctuary
- Your room will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected upon check-in.
- Your bathroom will be stocked with extra towel sets, custom toiletries, and cleaning items, so even our housekeeping staff won’t enter your sacred space during a two-to-three night stay.
- Your linens are commercially cleaned and supplied by a professional service that delivers fresh and wrapped bedding and towel sets to us weekly.
- A petite shoe rack will sit outside your door, so you can leave your shoes there, and step into the slippers we’ll have waiting in your room–you can take them home with you too! (Shoe racks not available at Akwaaba DC)
- We have retrained our housekeepers to be extra vigilant when preparing the inn and your room, and we’ve removed a few decorative items, like throw pillows and bed throws, to minimize the many items we are painstakingly sanitizing, including lamp switches, door knobs, remote controls and other high-touch items.
- Our innkeeper will receive you while keeping a six-foot distance. And even though we’ll be wearing a face cover, our smiling eyes will let you know how happy we are to see you. If you’d prefer a self-check-in, we are happy to give you the instructions in advance for entering the property and getting to your room.
- We check the health of our staff daily, and the day before your arrival, we’ll ask you to fill out a form letting us know you’re feeling good, too.
- You should travel with your face mask and wear it when inside the public spaces of the inn. We have also set up hand-sanitizing stations throughout the property for your convenience.
- Your innkeeper/concierge will be happy to let you know the many local places open for food and enjoyment, especially favorite outdoor activities, and we’ve put together a simple pleasures fun pack just for you–playing cards, a s’mores set-up, even bubbles (they’re nostalgic and make for kitschy selfies)!
- Please note: If you’re staying at our Mansion at Noble Lane location, our county is currently “green” and fully open. You may take full advantage of our on-premises spa, pool and gym with social distancing still in place.
Breakfast and Snacks, yumm!
- Your in-room, mini-fridge will be stocked with bottled water and beverages, as well as sweet and savory snacks to munch on throughout the day and evening.
- Our delicious breakfast is served in our dining room with proper social distancing exercised. Some locations even have covered porches and gardens, where we’re happy to serve you breakfast.
We are following CDC guidelines and have consulted with our local health officials and hospitality industry experts to exceed best practices for delivering a wonderful and safe experience just for you.